1. A contract will be binding between AVC Motors Ltd and the customer upon the booking of “car service”.
2. If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. AVC Motors Ltd will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out
4. If the car service cannot be done within 1 day due to circumstances beyond AVC Motors Ltd control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle service. These may have an additional charge and an AVC Motors Ltd advisor will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. Once the car service has finished, payment will be taken straight after either by debit card or credit card – or cash. The car will then be returned to the customer.
9. AVC Motors Ltd does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at the garage.
10. The customer has the right to cancel his car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
11. Collection & Delivery is FREE AVC Motors Ltd and the insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by AVC Motors Ltd will normally be covered by the garage's insurance. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of the excess on the insurance. Also the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, AVC Motors Ltd will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance. Collection & Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances – An AVC Motors Ltd Team member will always endeavor to contact you accordingly.
12. AVC Motors Ltd will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by AVC Motors Ltd employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
13. AVC Motors Ltd will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
14. AVC Motors Ltd will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of AVC Motors Ltd.
15. Health & Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customer’s vehicle is serviced.
16. AVC Motors Ltd will endeavor to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, AVC Motors Ltd will notify the customer accordingly.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY AVC Motors Ltd IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.